Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Some Enchanted Evening

Thanks to the new puppy, the Mr. and I have been spending our evenings outside. We sit in our rocking chairs on the porch with the pup on his blanket between us.

There is talking and reading and Nintendo DS playing.

Last night, after frolicking in the clovers, I spied a stunning sky. Had i only my eyes to rely on, I could have believed I was in a foreign land. It reminded me of the sunsets in "Out of Africa" with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.
"Out of Africa"

Watertown, MA - June 1, 2009


The enchantment and the brilliance of the colors aren't capture-able even in a photo. It literally brought me to me knees and struck me dumb for a few moments.

A stark reminder to slow down and look around. There is always enchantment to be found.

Just look to the horizon.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, I wish I could sit outside on my porch in a rocking chair! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of Africa is one of my all time favorite movies. Beautiful sunset and really cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous too! and I think the pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beausutiful sunset. I alway feel I never see my fair share of amazing red and orange skies. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Brainy and Beautiful Day! Love reading all the Brainy and Beautiful Things you say <3