Saturday, December 6, 2008

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?

In our house, we usually do the groceries together, but I am the cook. I love too cook and Mr. B&B loves my cooking. I get to exercise my creativity and Mr. B&B gets good eats. Sounds wonderful, right? It is! Only...

Sometimes I secretly wish my man would cook with me. There is something so intimate and sensual about the idea of cooking together. This morning my wish came true!

When we went grocery shopping last Sunday there was a free sample of Abobora Japonesa Soup. Abobora Japonesa is a type of squash that you can read about here. Mr. B&B LOVED it. So we took a copy of the recipe and bought the necessary ingredients. I just didn't get around to making it until this morning.

I was doing alright with the recipe until I had to peel and chop the Abobora Japonesa. I tried five different knifes and two different peelers, but nothing worked. I was a damsel in distress. Suddenly, my knight in flannel pajama pants appeared and, working together, we got the job done.

The greatest things about having Mr. B&B with me in the kitchen:
honing communication, cooperation, and problem solving skills
telling stories about cooking with various people when we were little
reaching around each other to get at tools and ingredients
watching him work...something so sexy about chopping, peeling, etc.

Then we cuddled on the couch, under the blankets and ate our yummy, organic, warm soup for lunch on this frigid December day.

If you'd like to whip up a little romance of your own, the recipe is below.

Abobora Japonesa Soup

Ingredients:
1 garlic clove
1 medium onion
1.5 pounds (or half of the whole) Abobora Japonesa peeled and cubed
4 cups of water
1 cup of milk (I substituted soy milk and it worked fine)
1 tablespoon of butter (again, I substituted soy and it worked fine)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:
Saute the olive oil with onion and garlic.
Peel and cube the Abobora Japonesa.
Add Abobora Japonesa to the saute.
Add water and salt and cook until Abobora Japonesa is slightly firm.
Beat in the blender with milk, butter and pepper.

Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Brainy and Beautiful Day! Love reading all the Brainy and Beautiful Things you say <3