Monday, January 26, 2009

Heveling the Disheveled

OK, heveling isn't a word, but it must have been at some point, right? If heveling wasn't ever a word, how did the word disheveled ever come to be? Maybe I should have been an etymology major instead of a publishing major. Can one major in etymology?

Wow, this is already one disheveled post.

I have been quite disheveled lately. I have lists all over the place. Lists in random notebooks. Lists on the wipe-off calendar on my fridge. Lists in my planner. Lists on the whiteboard above my writing desk. None of it helps. Sometimes I think it all hinders.

I also have a very busy mind full of ideas and thoughts that sometimes pass in the blink of an eye and are often pretty good and worth remembering. Even if I don't have the time to pursue them right now, I'd like to pursue them later. That is, if I could remember them.

If only I could somehow compile all of these things in one place where it would be near impossible to lose them maybe I could get something done and save some stuff for later. With my first class of the semester starting on Wednesday this issue has been weighing on me.

On Sunday I was introduced to Oren Lavie's song titled Her Morning Elegance. Instant love <3 After listening to it several times over, I couldn't get the line "thought she has caught by a thread" out of my head. "Thought caught by a thread. What a great name for a blog..." I thought to myself. And it hit me.

So, if you are wondering what I do all day, visit Thought Caught By A Thread. I post twice a day. One post is a thought or an idea I've had with an accompanying story. The other post is a recap of my doings that day which can be mundane, but I try to make it as colorful as possible and it fills me with a sense of accomplishment. My lists are all in one place, the right column of the blog. It is a step toward becoming heveled.

Whether you stop by Thought Caught By A Thread or not, you must see Oren Lavie's Her Morning Elegance on YouTube here. Dreamy.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, i just went to your other blog...and Man, you're one busy bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is absolutely worth obsessing over. amazing. love the new blog idea. :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Have a Brainy and Beautiful Day! Love reading all the Brainy and Beautiful Things you say <3