Monday, January 26, 2009

Longing for the Shore

Maybe what I am really longing for is summer. It was super sunny today which took the edge off the chill. I am not fooled. I know snow is on the way again this week.

Summer is a little more than five months away, but the shore is less than an hour from me. I count myself lucky. Mr. B&B and I are going to Cape Cod for Valentine's Weekend which I am so looking forward to!

In the name of longing for the shore, a poem I wrote in December:
Adrift
He wears the wind and the waves.
Sacrificing boat shoes to sunken ships is easy.
Released, weightless flesh turns spongy and swims in pools of infinite possibility.
The confines and contradictions of the land slumber in his hull.
That ship has sailed. What remains lay netted in seaweed sweaters.

3 comments:

  1. oh my! thanks a lot for your comment! you don't know how much it means to me to be able to inspire someone... :)

    and yes, life is a work in progress... and i agree with Ron here, you ARE one busy bee!

    I'd like to share a reading of T. S. Eliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by John Burn that I find simply magnificent:

    the link is: http://javierlabanca.com.ar/poetry/ELIOT-TheLoveSong-byJohnBorn.mp3

    hope you like it!
    laters,
    Javi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also long for summer. Hi, I found your blog through Just Jules. I will check out the other blog you spoke of. And I am a fan of T.S. Eliot, I may need to use that.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Brainy and Beautiful Day! Love reading all the Brainy and Beautiful Things you say <3