Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Meme Express - Dirty Laundry

Do you like doing laundry?
Most of the time.

What tips for laundry can you offer?

Always wash cold. Use a drying rack whenever possible. In temperate weather, let your clothes dry outside in the breeze. Once it is washed and dry, fold it and put it away asap before the sock-eating monsters come.
What is your favorite detergent?
Trader Joe's Liquid Laundry Detergent (pH balanced, no harsh or petro chemicals, non polluting, all temperature, with lavender essential oils)
Do you always do laundry on a certain day of the week?
No, It is just the two of us so we do laundry once the laundry bag is full.
What is in the bottom of your laundry basket right now?
I did laundry yesterday, so just whatever Mr. B&B wore yesterday (I am still in my pajamas).
What does the expression "laundering money" really mean?
Well, I check all pockets before putting anything in the washer, so no money laundering here... What does "laundering money" mean? Acquiring cash by illegal means and putting it through a process to make it look like you obtained it legally. Illegal to legal = dirty to clean.

What other meanings might the phrase "dirty laundry" evoke?

When I was little I was chatty, super chatty, and every time my mom dropped me off somewhere she would say "don't go airing the dirty laundry..." Basically, don't tell the family secrets. She must be horrified by the fact that I now have a blog...

2 comments:

  1. I do laundry one way only: everything goes in ALL TOGETHER at once, cold water, any detergent is fine, lucky if I have any. Or if I'm travelling in the jungle while on assignment, I was my clothes in the bathtub when I get to a hotel.

    Thanks for the tip tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your ingenuity and bohemian lifestyle, but I have been domesticated ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Brainy and Beautiful Day! Love reading all the Brainy and Beautiful Things you say <3